Hello everyone. Janet Killingsworth here. Today I wanted to share with you all a list of questions we either get asked or ones that we raise during the interview process when someone new comes to our office. In fact, you can use these questions as a guideline for most any professional you are looking to enter into a long term relationship.
ELEVEN Questions you should be asking when you interview your next tax preparer or CPA
1. What is your educational background?
2. How long have you been preparing tax returns
3. Any certificates or special designations
Do you work alone or do you have a staff?
Who checks your work for accuracy
Who steps in for you in an emergency
4. Do you carry Errors and Omissions insurance?
5. What happens to my information if you die?
6 How secure is my information with your firm?
Background checks on your staff
Type of security do you have in your office
7. Will I be assigned to one individual in the firm or will I get changed up every year or two?
8. How long does it take to get my taxes prepared?
What if I have questions or concerns outside of the tax season?
9. Does your firm do more than tax returns?
Ways you help business owners stay on track
Budgeting/forecasting/looking for anomalies
Help business owners grow their enterprise
Help with compensation and HR issues
10. Do you have other professionals you work with that you can refer me to such as financial advisors, attorneys/etc.
11. What is the most complicated type of client you have?
Have a safe week
ALLOW US TO DEMONSTRATE
HOW WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR
WE WILL REVIEW YOUR DOCUMENTS
WITHOUT COST OR OBLIGATION
AND THEN PROVIDE YOU WITH
A WRITTEN OVERVIEW OF OUR FINDINGS
TO SCHEDULE AN IN-PERSON MEETING OR WEBINAR
CALL Lynn Spencer
email @ email@example.com
TO RECEIVE YOUR NO OBLIGATION
ONE HOUR CONSULTATION,
We can schedule Saturday appointments if necessary
Appointments available between 1pm and 4pm
(For more details see the following link)